BIBLICALLY BASED * PRACTICE FOCUSED * PROFESSIONAL
Application Procedure and Application Form are at the very bottom
Short Learning Programme with Competency Certificate
Teachers receive 30 VBO points
- Ministers/ pastors and their wives
- Full-time and voluntary children’s ministers
- Leaders and personnel at children’s churches/ catechesis/ Sunday School
- (Prospective) au pairs
- Anyone who otherwise works with or with a love for children
“This is the most valuable training I have received in my ministry. I highly recommend the Paidion Children’s Ministry course to any teacher, youth worker or volunteer. The theory of the course is Biblically based, scientifically accountable and timeless… The course results in practical skills learned…’
Rev Sakkie van den Bergh (Minister, Dutch Reformed Church)
“An indispensable part of every pastor’s, youth worker’s, and parent’s life.”
Rev Francois Human (Minister, Dutch Reformed Church)
“Excellent! In tune with my heart for creating a new Biblical generation!’
Past Johan Pieterse (Pastor, AFM)
“The best thing that could happen to me at this age.”
Edna Piek (Former women’s leader in the URCSA & primary school teacher)
“Why haven’t I discovered this information in my teaching career 20 years ago? It would have made me a better teacher to understand the child better… Fantastic info!’
Annatjie Fourie (Member of Lede in Christus & primary school teacher)
‘There have been four major life-changing turning points in my life: my conversion, marriage, coming from my children and this course!’ Rev Derick du Toit (Minister, Dutch Reformed Church)
“I learned more about the child in this course than in my 4 years of training to become a teacher.”
Biggs van Wyk (Primary school teacher)
‘The best course of its kind that I’m aware of.’
Ronél du Randt (Kindergarten Principal & was kindergarten leader in a macro congregation)
‘An unparalleled highlight, indescribably wonderful, life-changing and enriching. A must for everyone who is enthusiastic about God’s heart for children.”
Dr Tiesie de Coning (Former lecturer at PU for CHE, former teacher & children’s church coordinator of a macro congregation)
Module 1: A Definition of Children’s Ministry
· The subject, object and task of children’s ministry
Module 2: The Church (The Subject of Children’s Ministry)
· What is the purpose of the church?
· How does one become a part of the church?
· Can children already become part of the church and do children become part of the church in the same way as teenagers and adults?
Module 3: The Child (The Object of Children’s Ministry)
· Who is that child? (The internal and external uniquenesses of the child)
Module 4: Children’s Ministry (The Task of Children’s Ministry)
- The character of children’s ministry (The core values of children’s ministry)
- In what practical ways can the church minister to the child regarding:
- God’s Word
- Fellowship of believers
- Green Awareness
- Battle (with the devil)
- What guidelines are there for the making and utilization of some visual aids?
Module 5: Children’s Ethics and Children’s Pastorate (The Task of Children’s Ministry continued)
· How can a child be guided in his choices?
· How can a child be guided out of his crises?
To provide you with:
· the necessary frame of mind from which you should think about children’s ministry,
· the best possible knowledge towards children’s ministry,
· the necessary skills towards children’s ministry,
· the necessary feeling that you can think, talk and do (about) children’s ministry with boldness and confidence and
· a Paidion Children’s Ministry Competency Certificate.
Duration: 1 Year by correspondence and practical on a Friday and/ or a Saturday after the October school holidays
Language: Afrikaans and English
Qualification: Persons of all denominations with at least a Grade 12 or equivalent certificate
Assessment: No traditional examinations, but continuous assessment mainly through assignments
Practical for the Paidion Children’s Ministry Certificate Programme will take place on a Friday and/ or a Saturday after the October school holidays in Pretoria or Cape Town.
Dr Leon van Zyl
· spent 25 years in full-time congregational ministry,
· received child evangelism training in the USA,
· has 27 years of experience in children’s ministry,
· attended several children’s ministry conferences in the USA,
· was assistant National Director of Child Evangelism Fellowship SA (CEFSA/ KEBSA),
· was Head: Children’s Ministry at the Huguenot College,
· has been Head: Paidion Children’s Ministry since 1996,
· was guest children’s ministry course leader at the Theological Faculties of the Universities of Stellenbosch, Pretoria and Vista,
· received the CBSA Award for the best children’s book in SA in 1999: Jy mag maar vra … oor God en Jesus,
· was co-author of the Jy mag maar vra omnibus (2005) and author of Die ontwikkelingsfases van jou kind (2007) and
· established the children’s ministry at the church without walls (Verwoerdburgstad Dutch Reformed Church ) from 2000 to 2004.
There is copyright on all materials and it may not be duplicated or reproduced in any form. However, learners may be duplicate or reproduce it once for own use and must be completed within 5 days after receiving the material.
DISCOUNT FOR EARLY AND GROUP APPLICATIONS
Note the discount for early and group applications on the Application Form.
- Fill in the Application Form at the bottom.
- The Application Form must be sent to email@example.com
- An invoice will be sent to you after this.
- Your chosen means of payment must be made within 5 days in Paidion Children’s Ministry’s account (with bank details below) and Proof of Payment must also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After this you will receive a welcome letter and also details about the commencement of the course.
- Course material will be transmitted to you electronically at intervals and at specific times and must then be duplicated or reproduced within 5 days.
Account name: Paidion Children’s Ministry
Account Number: 406 815 1459 (Cheque)
Branch Code: 632 005
Reference: Course22 Initials and surname (e.g. Course22 I Erasmus) or Course22 Congregation’s name x number of learners (e.g. Course22 AFM Bellville x 5)
APPLICATION FORM 2022
- For the English Application Form for the one year Correspondence Course for 2022 click here